We are ten days away, Cardinals fans. Ten days. That’s all the time you have left to get yourself ready for the 2014 version of east central Indiana’s Greatest Show on Field Turf. Some things to ask yourself:
- Is your cooler clean? (I’m sure you need to wash out the remnants of the ice bucket challenge unless you’re the one person who hasn’t done it. And then posted it on Facebook)
- Menu prepped for the first tailgate of the year? (Brat burgers from Edge is something I’d recommend)
- Playlist ready to entertain your guests and parking lot neighbors? (LMFAO is sooo 2013, bro)
- Have you worked out your taunting and hatred for home opponents? (First up is Colgate. We’ll have something later today you might want to check out)
- Do you have tickets? (If you do, good for you, buy some more. If you don’t, hop on over to the BSU Sports mothership and pick up a few dozen. If you’re that special kind of person that uses your student ID from ten years ago to get in free, I can only hope you step on a rusty screwdriver on your way in. Not cool, man.)
Answered yes to all of the above? Tickets in hand, clean cooler ready for all manner of hoppy goodness, Spotify playlist ready to go, and some tasty hate morsels to lob at the dozens of Colgate Raider fans that will journey to the mecca that is Muncie? Then you, sir, or madam as the case may be, are ready. If not, you have time. But not much. You’ve had all summer to get ready for August 30. Get the lead out, princess. Opening days only come along once a year.