As we told you about in this post, it’s CardMadness time here at OTP. Today marks the opening of our tournament, and though we aren’t in Dayton, it’s play-in game time! These eight competitors are fighting for a chance to make the field, and in some cases, have the opportunity to spring the upset of a lifetime. Whether they advance or not is up to you, as fan voting determines the outcome of these (and all) our tournament games. Read on for your play-in participants, and your chance to cast your vote!
THE PLAY IN EXPERIENCE
For our play in competitors, it’s all about survive and advance. Their opponent in their first contest, like them, is just trying to make the field of 64 and have a shot at eternal glory and fame. Winners join a bracket as either a 12 or 16 seed, and their bracket looks like this:
In the words of Michael Buffer… let’s get ready to rumble.
CHARLIE CARDINAL ATHLETICS REGIONAL PLAY IN GAME
You can check out the Charlie Cardinal Regional here, and our play in game winner will be awarded a 12-seed and take on 5th seeded Bryan Bullington in the first round. Let’s meet our competitors…
- Mike Neu: Current QB coach for Tulane, former AFL head coach. 2004 AFL Coach of the Year. four-year starter at quarterback at Ball State University from 1989-93. He led the Cardinals to a Mid-American Conference championship in 1993, and was named the MAC Conference MVP and Offensive Player of the Year in 1993. During his final campaign, Neu guided Ball State to a bowl appearance in the Las Vegas Bowl and was named the game’s MVP. Ball State Hall of Fame member.
- Reggie Hodges: Starting punter as a freshman at Ball State, going on to set a school-career record with 254 attempts. His 10,210 yards ranked second in school history at the time of his graduation. He was named First-team All-MAC selection as a senior, leading conference with 73 punts (42.6 avg). 8 year veteran of the NFL.
EMENS ENTERTAINMENT REGIONAL PLAY IN GAME
You can check out the Emens Entertainment Regional here, and our play in game winner will be awarded a 16-seed and take on top-seeded David Letterman. Let’s meet our competitors…
- Bridget Bobel: Won Miss Indiana 2006, competed in Miss America. Honored by the Indiana General Assembly with a resolution for her work with adult literacy programs. Appeared on Deal or No Deal in 2006.
- Claire Buffie: Second runner-up Miss Indiana 2008, won Miss New York 2010, competed in Miss America and was Top 12, executive board member of New York City Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays.
BENEFICENCE CAMPUS ADMIN REGIONAL PLAY IN GAME
You can check out the Benny Campus Admin Regional here, and our play in game winner is awarded a 12-seed and the subsequent matchup with 5th seeded Don Shondell. Let’s meet our competitors…
- Don Mikesell: BSU undergrad and grad alum, Distinguished Alumni Award Winner, Benny Award Winner, former Dean of Students, former director of the nationally ranked Student Affairs graduate program.
- Alan Hargrave: Current Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Director of Housing and Residence Life, a nationally recognized department on BSU’s campus and purveyor of massive expansion and remodeling in his tenure. Teaching faculty in the graduate program for Student Affairs. Association of College and University Housing Officers International Pantheon Award winner, their highest honor.
FROG BABY “OTHER” REGIONAL
You can check out the Frog Baby “Other” Regional here, and our play in game winner is awarded a 16-seed and will take on 1-seed “Papa” John Schnatter in the 1st round. Let’s meet our competitors…
- David Harker: Current evening meteorologist at Fox47 in Lansing, MI. BSU Newslink alum, WIPB producer. Former meteorologist in Victoria, TX
- Nicholas Ferreri: Current weekend meteorologist at WANE in Ft. Wayne, IN. BSU Newslink and WIPB alum. Former meteorologist in Lansing, MI.
Polls close at 5:30pm. Good luck to our first competitors!
Filed under: CardMadness13 |