It’s time for the first-ever Card Madness tournament, where you, the fans, will decide who is deserving of the honor of being the de facto champion of Ball State-ness. This field is 68-strong of some of the most impressive graduates and friends of the university there are. Captains of industry. Stars of the silver and small screen. International political figures. Journalism heavyweights. Pizza chain CEOs and brewtastic entrepreneurs. It is literally the most impressive collection of Cardinals this side of the Vatican.
You can check out the details of the Card Madness Tournament here. For now, it’s time to Bracket Breakdown the Frog Baby “Other” Regional!
BRACKET BREAKDOWN: FROG BABY “OTHER” REGIONAL
The Frog Baby “Other” Regional features a selection of participants that not only didn’t fit cleanly in our three other categories, they are a collection of some of the biggest heavy hitters in their respective fields. To call this region “successful” doesn’t quite cut it. CEOs, U.N. secretaries, national journalists, and someone responsible for culinary delights from his village cart. Our participants (in alphabetical order):
- Angela Ahrendts (CEO of Burberry)
- Mark Carter (“Hot Dog Man”)
- Tom Davis (Ft. Wayne News-Sentinel BSU football beat reporter)
- Jeffrey Feltman (United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs)
- Nicholas Ferreri (WANE TV meteorologist in Ft. Wayne, IN)
- David Harker (Fox 47 evening meteorologist in Lansing, MI)
- Jon Hoke (Current defensive backs coach for the Chicago Bears)
- Jeremiah Johnson (Fox 59 sports reporter, former Charlie Cardinal)
- Mike Lopresti (Award winning national sportswriter for Gannett news service)
- Morry Mannies (The voice of the Cardinals for 56 years)
- Brent McMillan (Executive Director of the Green Party of the United States)
- Richard Mourdock (Current Indiana state treasurer)
- Kent “Oz” Nelson (Former CEO of UPS)
- John Schnatter (Founder and CEO of Papa John’s Pizza)
- Sam Smith (Sportswriter, Bulls.com)
- Jason Whitlock (National sportswriter, former ESPN contributor)
- Scott Wise (Restauranteur, entrepreneur, founder of Scotty’s Brewhouse, Three Wise Men Brewing)
Our Play-In Game is for the right to the 16th seed in the region and will feature Nicholas Ferreri and David Harker in a meteorology throwdown. Voting for the play in contest will begin on 9am on Friday, March 15th.
The bracket for this region and the seeding is:
SCHEDULE FOR THIS REGION:
Friday March 15th – Play in Game: Nicholas Ferreri v. David Harker
Monday March 18th – Round 1: (5) Mike Lopresti v. (12) Tom Davis
Monday March 18th – Round 1: (4) Kent “Oz” Nelson v. (13) Richard Mourdock
Monday March 18th – Round 1: (6) Angela Ahrendts v. (11) Brent McMillan
Monday March 18th – Round 1: (3) Scott Wise v. (14) Sam Smith
Tuesday March 19th – Round 1: (1) John Schnatter v. (16) Play-In Winner
Tuesday March 19th – Round 1: (8) Jeremiah Johnson v. (9) Jon Hoke
Tuesday March 19th – Round 1: (7) Mark Carter v. (10) Jeffrey Feltman
Tuesday March 19th – Round 1: (2) Jason Whitlock v. (15) Morry Mannies
Round two will be on March 21 and 22.
Regional Champion will face the winner of the Beneficence Campus Admin Regional in the bracket semi-finals.
Filed under: CardMadness13 |