Some things to note about this ballot:
- No movement in the top 11 thanks largely to those teams winning the games they should. Realistically, you could switch Ohio State and Alabama and be just as correct. Same for teams 4-8 and hen 9-11. It’s the fundamentally flawed reality of polls, and since it’s subjective and wrong to begin with, we might as well use last week’s slottings as the jump off point for this week’s errors.
- Florida State and Clemson only drop two based more so on who beat them. I still think they are two of the best 15 teams in the nation and a notch above those below them. Plus, losing to Florida and South Carolina isn’t shameful.
- UCLA would have dropped the same amount had NIU and Kent State not been worthy of jumping them.
- Louisville and Oregon State were the two teams I struggled with this week. Their ranking is a combination of their body of work and more importantly, no one outside the top 25 worthy of getting in.
- Ball State is in this week at #22, and I actually dropped them down from #20 to try and account for my self-admitted bias.
Games watched this week: Ball State/Miami, Louisville/UConn, Notre Dame/SC, South Carolina/Clemson, Oklahoma/Oklahoma State, Oregon/Oregon State, Alabama/Auburn, Ohio State/Michigan, Florida/Florida State, Georgia/Georgia Tech
Filed under: Blogpoll |