Since the SBNation Blogpoll has disappeared from the face of the Earth, we don’t really have the need to do our weekly Top 25 anymore. Mainly because it would just get lost in the noise of a bunch of other Top 25s that are virtually meaningless. You can check out the weekly OTPcast for Jason’s and Alan’s power rankings of the Top 5, which are amazing, much like the OTPcast itself. So instead, we’ll use this space as a weekly ranking for random things from your OTP creators with explanations if they are so inclined. Enjoy…
OTP Top 25 for 10/25
Alan’s Top 25 Professional Sports Teams I’d Like To Play For
- New York Yankees: Baseball is probably the easiest sport to play and the Yankees are sort of THE baseball team historically. Plus, I’d get to see A Rod’s centaur painting. Win-Win.
- Miami Heat: Benchwarming along side the greatest to ever play along with South Beach nights. Yeah… I’ll take it.
- Indianapolis Colts: Hometown team, Hoosier state pride, partying with Pat McAfee. Done.
- Dallas Cowboys: Similar to #1 in that historically a fantastic franchise
- Cincinnati Reds: Closest baseball team growing up. Short fences.
- Dallas Mavericks: Hangin’ with Cubes? Bonus.
- Boston Red Sox: As a fan, I’d hate this but as a player it’s got to be awesome.
- Washington Nationals: Bryce Harper and his clown questions are a sight to behold.
- Chicago Cubs: Only for Wrigleyville and the entertainment.
- Green Bay Packers: The cold would suck. The fans and sausages would not.
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Just to fight Crosby in practice.
- Washington Redskins: Just so I can cozy up to Tony Kornheiser and wear offensive trademarks!
- Cleveland Browns: If you’re good, you’re a savior. If you suck, it was expected. Low expectations rock.
- Minnesota Vikings: Assuming they still have the house boat.
- Brooklyn Nets: Jay Z AND Beyonce rooting you on? C’mon man.
- LA Lakers: Just to ask Nicholson to tell me to never rub another man’s rhubarb.
- New Orleans Saints: Winning team, great city, Bourbon Street, Mardi Gras.
- Denver Broncos: Chance to play with one of the greatest ever
- Indiana Pacers: Just to endorse Scotty’s Brewhouse and have dill chips for life.
- Nashville Predators: One of the greatest cities on Earth
- San Diego Chargers: SD is lovely year round and Philip Rivers seems like a good bro to do bro type things with.
- St. Louis Rams: I actually just turned down their QB job.
- Orlando Magic: Disneyworld errryday, yo!
- FC Barcelona: Just to quiet down RV. But I would imagine it’s a good life over there.
- Alabama Crimson Tide: I mean, they’re more a pro sports team than the Buccaneers, right?